Good News! as the University of Nairobi is developing a policy on remarking the students exam papers. The policy which will address student grievances on wrong grades or wrongfully marked papers has a step by step guide on how a student qualifies for a remark.
Process of Initiating Remarking of students’ examination scripts on request
- An aggrieved student should request in writing for a remark in a letter/ email addressed to the Departmental Chairman.
- The Chairman then forwards the request to the DVC (AA).
- After the DVC (AA) approves, the department constitutes a committee to facilitate the re-mark.
- The committee submits its recommendations to the DVC (AA).
- The Academic Registrar then officially communicates the outcome of the remark exercise to the student and copies this to the Chair of the department.