M.A IN TRANSLATION & MA IN INERPRETATION PPROGRAMMES
SEPTEMBER 2016 INTAKE
Do you want to make a career in language? or
Do you want to upgrade your professional skills in translation or interpreting?
If you want to learn how to translate written documents, interpret in court, at conferences, in the public service or in business contexts and;
If your language combination includes English and at least one other language from among: Kiswahili, French, Arabic and Spanish, apply now.
1. You do not need to be a language graduate; all you need is to be a holder of a Bachelors Degree in any academic field and to be a proficient bi-lingual with English and at least one other language as indicted above:
2. We have scholarships and these will be awarded on merit based on performance at the entrance examination.
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelors Degree (from any academic discipline) with:
-Upper 2nd Class Division and above or equivalent, or
-Lower 2nd Class Division (with at least 2years working experience) or equivalent,
-Pass degree (with 5 years working experience) or equivalent.
2. Must be highly proficient in English and at least one other language from among: Kiswahili, French Arabic and Spanish.
3. Pre-qualified applicants must sit and pass a language and general knowledge aptitude test before admission.
MODE OF STUDY: Evening and Saturday Classes (part time)
For further information contact: Board of Postgraduate Studies (BPS) University of Nairobi, or
Director, Centre for Translation & Interpretation, University of Nairobi
Tel: (+254) 0706 601231 (sms only)
Application is done online through the application website: http//application.uonbi.ac.ke Or at the Centre for Translation and Interpretation, 2nd Floor CCU Building, next to the University Graduation Grounds.
DEADLINE: July 31, 2016.
Director, Centre for Translation and Interpretation